Frequently Asked Questions
What age can my child begin practice driving?
Students may start practice driving at age 15 1/2 years of age as long as the following conditions are met.
1. Must have a copy of their birth certificate in the car to provide proof of age when practice driving.
2. Must be supervised by a validly licensed driver age 25 or older seated in the front seat of the car
3. Cannot drive beyond the borders of the State of NH (they are all permit States)
4. Cannot drive between the hours of 1AM and 5AM.
What is needed for my child to receive their Driver License?
1. Complete Driver Education
2. Complete 40 hours driving with another licensed driver over the age of 25. Mother, Father, Aunt, Uncle, etc.
What if I miss a class?
Students are only allowed 4 hours of missed class time.
Where is the class located?
Classes are held at the Sunapee Middle High School in the Health Room.
What time is the class held?
Class is held from 6:15 to 8:15 pm during the school year. During the summer class it is from 7:45 to 9:45 am.
When do students complete their driving?
Students complete their driving after school, evenings, and weekends.
Can I be picked up for driving at my house?
All driving starts the high school. Driving routes are planned out to cover certain driving skills.
How much does driver education cost?
Driver Education at Sunapee Driving School cost $650. Other schools in the area can cost as much as $1000.